Herbal Supplement For Diabetes – Top 5 Common Ingredients
Herbal supplement for diabetes mellitus has gained popularity among patients. This is because diabetes is a serious health problem. In fact it is one of the top leading diseases that cause death. The severity of this ailment pushes people to look for treatment that is effective in preventing diabetes. Anyone can have diabetes especially if it runs in the family. Now, there are three major types of diabetes. These are the type 1, type 2 and Gestational diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes is commonly called juvenile diabetes because patients diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 are children. Patients of this type of diabetes lack insulin in their system which results to increased blood glucose and urine glucose.
Check out these related articles, too:
Best Tips For Healthy Eating With Diabetes
Specific Exercises You Can Use As a Natural Diabetes Treatments
What is The Easiest Way To Manage Diabetes?
The Meaning of Your Blood Sugar Numbers
Effective Natural Remedies For Diabetes
You Should Know High Blood Sugar Symptoms No Matter How Healthy You Feel
Type 2 diabetes is an adult-onset diabetes. Obviously, patients are in their middle age. Most patients who have this type of diabetes are obese, or have hypertension, or high cholesterol levels, and other factors.
Gestational diabetes mostly happens to pregnant women who have high blood glucose level. This type of diabetes though temporary may lead to type 2 diabetes in later period. Babies whose mothers have gestational diabetes have higher risk of other health related problems.
Herbal Supplement for Diabetes
These types of diabetes may take diabetic food supplements under the supervision of their attending physicians. It is always wise to consult your doctor first if you plan to incorporate herbal supplements in your treatment.
Although modern medicine has done a great job in arresting the symptoms of diabetes, still, it can not be denied that herbal supplements can have positive effects. This is due to active ingredients containing essential nutrients without the threat of any adverse effects.
What are common herbal supplements that are especially formulated for people with diabetes?
There are so many dietary supplements for diabetics. Most of these supplements have the ability to lower the blood sugar or govern the insulin production in your body. The ingredients are either herbs, spices or other vegetations.
Here are the top 5 common ingredients:
• Bitter Gourd, also know as bitter melon, has been used for many centuries. In fact, people can cook it. It is categorize as an herb. It contains Charantin, a very powerful hypoglycemic agent. The effectiveness of bitter gourd is comparable to any hypoglycemic drugs.
• Bilberry is similar to blueberries but is famous in regulating insulin levels which is due to the presence of Anthocyanins, a form of flavonoids effective in controlling blood sugars.
• Fenugreek is another herb that has alkaloids, individually known as gentianine, trigonelline, and carpaine. These substances in Fenugreek are responsible in lowering the blood sugar levels.
• Gymnema Sylvestre is an herb found in India which has glycosides called Gymnemic acids. The acid is known to have the ability to defy glucose, thus lower the blood sugar levels.
• Basil leaves, specifically the holy basil or locally called “Tulsi” in India, is also very effective in assisting the pancreas to produce a good amount of insulin.
There are other plants that have curative effects for diabetes. But before taking any of it, you have to make sure that you discuss it with your doctor and ask them what they think of the herbal supplement for diabetes.
Do you know that about 1 in 4 Americans don’t even know that they have diabetes? It is a serious disease, so you should only take a herbal supplement for Diabetes [http://www.BestOnlineMedStore.com] that has natural ingredients, and is approved by your doctor as well. There is a specifically formulated natural supplement for Diabetics, read more about it here – [http://www.BestOnlineMedStore.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4112211